Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Helping the Body Grow

Lately, my body seems to grow without any help at all! Or as my dad used to say: "I'm watching my waist......I'm just getting it out there where I can see it." But truly, I digress, that's not what this is about.


We are bombarded everywhere we look with healthy habits and ways to stop the unwanted growth. We as Americans are getting bigger every day. But our church body is starving.


Ephesians 4 and Romans 12 are all about how the Body of Christ - the church - has many parts that all need to function together. It resembles our own bodies in that. So how do we get the church body to grow - to become strong - to get bigger and bigger?????


Ephesians 4: 16 - ".............when each part is working properly, makes the body grow so that it builds itself up in love.


How does the body grow - when everyone is doing their part. When everyone is working together. When everyone is on board.


Believe me our church doesn't need a diet - we don't need to downsize - we need everyone to serve in their gifts and do their part.


So join a team and help us grow.


And together we can build up the church and provide a place for people of all ages to experience God's love and grace. And you will be shocked at the personal growth you will experience at the same time.

No comments:

 
Site Meter