Thursday, August 20, 2009

Gig 'Em Kids!

School is about to start ...... again. You would think I would get used to it after all these years. You see I taught 1st grade for 5 years, preschool for another 4......... I've directed a preschool for 8 years now........ I've sent 3 children off to school for the last 18 years! So, (counting my school years) - for the last 44 years, I've enjoyed the excitement of the first day of school. I love new beginnings, fresh starts, new notebooks and backpacks and lunch boxes and cool new pens.

In the next couple of weeks I will enjoy the newness of:
  • Another year of PeeWee School
  • My daughter's 2nd year of teaching
  • My college kids' new semester

Which are all very exciting and good................but the next few days will be a little sad too.

Haleigh drove off this morning. :( With the wind in her hair she set off to conquer another semester of college. She is so smart and witty......... and she is gonna do great. She is headed off to where she is supposed to be......... it is a good thing. She spoiled me all summer with her time. We laughed - mostly at me. We watched movies. We ate together. We talked. But now she is gone.

Drew is home right now. I've missed him all summer - he was busy with a job in Austin. I'm enjoying this week together. But he will leave Sunday. :( He needs to go and finish his degree and be challenged at school and do great things - but I'm gonna miss him.

Sunday Mark and I will stand on the driveway and wave goodbye............like I did today. Then we will proceed to take the house back! It is a good thing. We can get back into our routines and healthy eating. It will be quiet............

Everyone is where they should be........... Marisa and Steven in their house, Haleigh and Drew up in College Station, Mark and I at home. But I will still miss them.

So kids, here are some verses for this new beginning.........from your mother's heart:


Joshua 1:9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.

Psalm 46:1God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.

Psalm 46:10 Be still, and know that I am God.

Gig 'em kids in all you do! Love God more today than yesterday.

Love, Mom

No comments:

 
Site Meter