Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Again with the Yardstick List

.........So how are you doing on your Yardstick List?
If you don't normally follow my blog, this is the list of characteristics and traits that you want to see in your child as they grow up. Like as they grow up the yardstick in height are they changing in character, or you teaching or modelling traits that are representative of a Christ Follower?
So, have you made your list?
Have you developed some sort of strategy to teach these traits?
Are you and your spouse both working on the same Yardstick List together?
I found a new book that I think will help parents develop their list and the strategy to move forward on it.
Revolutionary Parenting by George Barna
Great for couples to go through together. It also has a workbook, and a leader's guide to lead a small group through together. Great stuff!

1 comment:

Tracie said...

Thanks for the book recommendation! I've been looking for a new book to read...and I haven't made my offical yardstick list.

PS: I love that picture of you--so pretty.

 
Site Meter