- One is quiet, compliant, loving, and cares for others.
- One is direct, rational, to the point, and yet very giving.
- One is funny, friends with everyone, loyal, and truly loves people.
We have 3 kids. They are as different as they can be. They are all Aggies - whoop! They have all approached their school work and careers totally differently. They all have a relationship with Christ - WooHoo!! They all followed a different path to start that relationship.
- One felt the love of God and how He had made her so special..........and that led her to faith.
- One saw his sin and need for salvation .............and that led him to faith.
- One craved a relationship with Christ.........and that started her faith walk.
We have 3 kids. They are as different as they can be. Thinking about the 3 paths they took to start their walk with Christ, made me realize how important it is to offer children the truth of God in many forms. You don't know which is going to strike a cord in their heart. You don't know which is going to be the "lightbulb" for each one of them. They are not cookie cutters of you, so don't assume they will accept faith as you did. God created each one of them individually, so don't assume their relationship with Christ will look just like yours does.
We as parents must not assume our children will follow our faith path. We must not assume that what sparked our journey will spark theirs.
- We as parents must share the truth of Christ with our children in many different ways: relationally, as a product of God's love, as an answer for our sinful nature, as God's perfect plan from the beginning, .............. You don't want to miss the one that resonates with each of your children.
- We must be creative as we show our children our Heavenly Father by using many different mediums - books, poetry, nature, art, music.
We have 3 kids. They are as different as they can be. In every aspect of life, they will see the world differently. They will choose a different path. They will relate to us differently. And that is just as it should be! God is a creative God. He made each of us special and different. I don't think He expects us to all follow the same path. I think He enjoys meeting each of us in different ways and different places.
The lesson.............recognize and then enjoy your kids differences.
Psa 139:13 For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
Psa 139:14 I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.
Psa 139:15 My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
Psa 139:16 Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there were none of them.