Monday, January 26, 2009

Laugh a Little

Kids truly say the darnedest things! I feel so blessed in my job, because I'm around small children all the time. I'm able to talk to them and mainly listen to them a lot. They make me laugh.....a lot! I'm also blessed in that you parents send me funny stories from your kids a lot. Thanks! I love it! I love to laugh........and kids make me laugh.

I was just reading a great story by e-mail from a friend and her 6 year old. It reminded me of stories from my kid's childhood. I won't share them............too many for this space..........and besides, they would hate me for it. But I did write them down. I kept baby books and calendars when my kids were preschoolers. We have buckets of stories and pictures and awards from their school years. This summer we cleaned out the attic and spent days reading the stories and laughing so much.

So I want to challenge you preschool parents:
  • Laugh, laugh, laugh.............enjoy your kids. They are funny. They need to see the joy they bring to you. So laugh at some stuff.
  • Document, document, document............journal..........write, save the stories. You will be surprised how quickly the mind fails and you begin to forget. Save the stories.
  • Share, share, share...........with close friends and with your child's consent. Don't embarrass your child by telling everyone everything, but share with close friends and family.
  • Tell me................I love to hear stories of my PeeWees and I love to laugh.
Life goes by quickly........cherish the moments........and laugh a little. Parenting doesn't have to be all serious business. God gave us a sense of humor and the ability to laugh, so enjoy His creation!

No comments:

 
Site Meter