Tuesday, December 29, 2009

2010 - The Year of the Copy Cat

1Corinthians 11:1
Be imitators of me,
as I am of Christ.

This verse haunts me...........I am to so imitate Christ that I can invite others to imitate me. Wow! Too many times I hope no one sees or hears me, because I'm so not imitating Christ. And as a parent, you can't hide from your kids. They know what happens behind and in front of closed doors. How many times do you see and hear them imitating you? Sometimes we swell with pride - but many others we shrink in embarrassment!

January 3 we will begin a study of The Fruit of the Spirit in PeeWeeVille. This is a study in what it is like to imitate Christ. Christ has mastered - and is the master - of the fruit. I want to encourage you as parents to study the fruit with your PeeWee.

Let's all make a resolution to be better imitators this year. The only way to imitate is to know and study the person. So get to know Christ. Study Him this year. Imitating Christ will make you the very best parent you can be for your child. Live in a way that invites your child - and everyone around you - to imitate you ........... and when you stumble, apologize - that is another thing you want your child to learn and copy.

I've resolved to be a Copy Cat this year. So hold me accountable - and join me if you dare.

No comments:

 
Site Meter